Monday, June 2, 2008

Butter Biscuits


Butter Biscuit... Its one of my favourite snack next to macaroon. No.. I'm not talking about the Biscuit which we get in McDonalds... I call cookies and crackers as Biscuits... I love the butter biscuit which we get in Tuticorin. I was hunting for the recipe, and atlast found a recipe which almost tastes like that. And the good news in NO EGGS!!!

Ingredients
(Serves 6-8 people)

Butter - 6 Oz
Icing Sugar - 1 Oz
All purpose Flour - 4.5 Oz
Corn Flour - 3.5 Oz
Vanilla Essence - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon

Mix the butter and the sugar at room temperature. Add the salt and the vanilla essence. Add the flour little by little. Make sure it doesnt make any lumps. Once the flour is completly mixed, add the cornflour. Make a ball with the mix and refrigerate for an hour. If the dough becomes too hard, bring back to room temperature. Roll the dough in a workarea which is generously coated with powdered sugar. When you get the desired thickness, cut the dough with the cutter. I rolled into 1/2 cm thickness.

Preheat the oven for 320 F. Bake it for 15 mins. Coat the cookies with powdered sugar when it is warm. Transfer to an air tight container when cooled.

6 Credits:

無料提供!!情報商材・商品徹底分析!!(初心者向け) said...

Nice to meet you, great blog!
Please link to this site

http://vuitton-miumiu.blogspot.com/

Suganya said...

This recipe of butter biscuits sounds so different. Looks so good. so buttery....

Sangeeth said...

i luv butter biscuits....i used to eat them in my childhood...lovely taste ...thanks for shring the recipe....

ranji said...

thats some delicious biscuits...love it...yummmmmmm.

Beyond Curries said...

The biscuits look very good Felcy. I'll add this to the eggless cookies list in my blog, shortly. Thank you for the recipe.

Vidyalakshmi said...

Wow! If I gain more pounds, I am going to blame you!

Thank you for posting an eggless recipe. It is on my 'To Try' list now. I will call you some time next week.